“Lyrical evening” – an evening of selected songs and arias by Macedonian and foreign composers
Please follow and like us:
A wonderful synergy between the vocal soloists, sopranos Milena Arsovska and Gonca Bogoromova-Krapovski and the baritone Ivan Naumovski and the young musicians from the festival chamber orchestra led by maestro Pascal Galloa brought the “Lyrical Evening” to the “Ohrid Summer”.
The audience enjoyed the wonderful selection of songs and the selected opera arias performed under the open August sky above the vestibule of “St. Sophia” church.
Milena Arsovska performed a selection of folk songs by Luciano Berrio, premiered in Macedonia. It is about modern and very interesting works written in Azerbaijani, Armenian, Italian, French and English, but also with a composition written especially for her participation in the “Lyrical Evening” of “Ohrid Summer” written by the composer Jana Andreevska.
– I have performed at the Ohrid Summer Festival several times, but this year I am especially glad because there is a wonderful program with a chamber ensemble, with songs performed for the first time in Macedonia and a new work written for me especially for this concert by our composer Jana Andreevska, said soprano Arsovska who after the concert at the Ohrid Summer Festival is leaving for Germany where she is preparing the role of Marcelina in the opera “Fidelio” which will be premiered in October.
The soprano Gonca Bogoromova-Krapovski presented to the festival audience the composition “Vigil” by the recently deceased composer Blagoj Canev, arranged by his nephew, the composer Filip Ivanov, then with Margarita’s aria from the opera “Fausto” by Charles and with Mikaela’s aria from Georges Bizet’s opera Carmen.
– As a soloist I am present for the first time on the stage of “Ohrid Summer” which is a great honor and pleasure for me, and as a chamber member, I have participated in several bands. The atmosphere with the ensemble was wonderful, we had a wonderful program and a great conductor. We had a classic contemporary program with Macedonian and foreign authors, a beautiful collage musical journey and enjoyment for all the senses, said Bogoromova-Krapovski.
The baritone Ivan Naumovski performed Schubert’s compositions “Prometheus” on verses by Goethe and “Serenade” on verses by Relstabb, the work “Granada” by Augustine Lara, as well as the aria of the bullfighter from the opera “Carmen” by Georges Bizet.
– I participate with top Macedonian and foreign musicians, which is a great honor. I mostly presented myself with foreign compositions but in the end we ended up with a Macedonian composition as befits an event like Lyrical Evening. Whenever I have the opportunity, I present Macedonian works and authors. Macedonian music is in our blood, all those rhythms and verses that are adapted in the music, by Petre M. Andreevski, by Grigor Prlichev, by any Macedonian author, are deeply engraved in the genesis of our people and it is always a great honor to performs with Macedonian music, said baritone Naumovski.
At the end of “Lyrical Night”, the three outstanding soloists performed a world premiere of an aria from the latest opera by the great Macedonian composer Pande Shahov.
– We made a combination of Macedonian composers and the classics of the 20th century, but also from previous centuries. Jana Andreevska, my dear colleague, wrote a special composition for this evening, and an aria from my new opera “International Music Revolution” created after the libretto by Jordan Plevnesh, right here at the festival, had its world premiere last night, explained Shahov.
Sopranos Arsovska and Krapovski, as well as baritone Naumovski, organized a wonderful evening under the baton of the French composer Pascal Galloa and together with the festival chamber ensemble composed of young instrumentalists who have an affinity for contemporary sound.
– The main carrier of this evening were the works of the great Italian composer Luciano Berrio, who was a good friend of mine. The works are in the form of folk music and therefore it is much easier to convey and share with the audience. Also, the Macedonian composer Pande Shahov presented excellent works from the French repertoire from the 19th century, said maestro Galloa.
The idea for the formation of such an ensemble as a platform for collaboration with exceptional vocal soloists was born from the synergy between the conductor Galois and the Macedonian composer Pande Shahov who lives and works in Great Britain. -This chamber ensemble of seven young musicians, masters of their instruments, but also enthusiasts of contemporary music, can offer high quality accompaniment within an opera project, and at the same time provide mobility and flexibility that bulky opera houses can not to achieve it. The idea is to create fertile ground for new creativity and lasting forms of collaboration between instrumentalists, vocal soloists and composers, said conductor Galloa.
The idea for the formation of such an ensemble as a platform for collaboration with exceptional vocal soloists was born from the synergy between the conductor Galois and the Macedonian composer Pande Shahov who lives and works in Great Britain.
-This chamber ensemble of seven young musicians, masters of their instruments, but also enthusiasts of contemporary music, can offer high quality accompaniment within an opera project, and at the same time provide mobility and flexibility that bulky opera houses can not to achieve it. The idea is to create fertile ground for new creativity and lasting forms of collaboration between instrumentalists, vocal soloists and composers, said conductor Galloa.
“Lyrical Evening” in the lobby of the church “St. Sophia” was the last concert of the music program of this year’s 61st edition of the Ohrid Summer Festival. Until the lowering of the festival curtain, two more drama projects will be played.